Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Favorite Time of the Year

I adore the feeling I get in the pit of my tummy during the holidays. I look forward to lots of family time. Add my new baby girl and it is even more perfect!!
Favorite things during this season in no particular order...
Chilly days
Searching for the perfect gift
Singing Christmas Carols
Looking at Christmas lights
Being in the middle of the Christmas Shopping rush
The stranger who waited in the cold to open the door
The cashier who seemed genuine in wishing me a Merry Christmas
Opening Christmas cards from loved ones
The Facebook photos of friends enjoying the Holiday
Unexpected visits from traveling family members
The look of complete gratitude and excitement on Gabes face
The Christmas morning "I love yous" and "Thank yous"
Watching the snow fall (wait did I mention we had a white Christmas...in TEXAS!!)
The looks of chaos after presents are unwrapped
Remembering it all started with a baby

Nothing like holiday movies to get into the spirit! I'm not gonna lie watching a little crazy in other families is quite soothing. We watched Home Alone. The Family Stone and Love Actually We made chocolate chip muffins which turned out delicious! We held onto each other and loved one another like there's no tomorrow. We had a blast visiting with family and celebrating Jillian's first Christmas.
I hope you and yours had an amazing holiday. As for me it was blissful :)   I can't wait to start printing all the memories I was able to capture. Most of them will forever remain in memory. All of these memories remind me how truly blessed I am.

 Aunt Jan and baby Jillian

How wonderful it is that great granny has the strength to hold sweet baby girl. 

This is one of the only photos I was in this Christmas..sigh..next holiday I will remember 

 Poor Gabe opened his presents and then went straight to sleep...It turns out he had the flu


Wishing ya'll the very best this holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment