Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

One Month Treasures


A month has already passed…I still can’t believe it. At 8 lbs 4 oz my baby girl has been growing! She is starting to look more like a baby and less like every other newborn. I’m gonna have to say she looks most like me. I’m not that biased…I know Gabe looks just like his Father. Jillian definitely has some of my expressions down already. That’s my girl! 



She listens contently while I sing to her. She loves my singing (better than the Glee versions, still not biased). She loves falling asleep on my chest, which I adore. I could have a laundry list of things to do but am willing to stop to let my princess fall asleep on my chest. Jillian enjoys baths and the California baby calming lotion is most magical. She will just stare and be absolutely still after she is given her bath. I love the stuff! Jillian hates to be cold and it works to calm her down. The lotion is a life-saver.


In her first month we have learned that she doesn’t like to be in a dirty diaper in the slightest. She will be counting sheep one minute then out of the blue let out a piercing cry! She refuses to wake up most of the time. She just wants us to know she is dirty and we need to do something about it. She loathes being cold which makes changing her clothes a lot of fun ;-) Lotion can be cold most of the time so again moisturizing her is oh so fun. Oh but let me tell you…worth it when I can’t stop smelling her!
   




1. Gerber Newborn Mittens. These were the only mittens that fit these first couple of weeks. We tried several different ones. These did not fall off. 
2. Baby Aquaphor. Jillian's infant skin started peeling after a week. I was advised not to peel it. I purchased this for her skin and for umbilical cord care. This works for many things just as it does for adults. 
3. The Ladybug Sponge Bath. This came in handy for her first bath and the first couple of weeks also. This is soft and small enough to store. Worth it for the price!
4. My Little SnugaMonkey  Rock 'n Play. This has been worth every penny! Jillian did not like her bassinet. She plays in this during activity time and sleeps in it. I also love that it is portable! 
5. Pampers Sensitive Wipes. I'll be honest...I was not a fan of these with Gabe. I tried them when he was a little older though so his poop was thicker at the time. I went through them fast because he needed a thicker wipe. So I don't recommend this for older babies. Jillian however has semi-sensitive skin. The thicker wipes were colder and stayed wet. I didn't want them to be dry but her bottom felt like it was drenched after a wipe. After about a week we changed to sensitive wipes and don't plan on changing back anytime soon. 


6. SwaddleMe Muslin Blankets. These are super soft, large and stretchy. I love swaddling Jillian with them..and they come in very cute designs! 
7.  California Baby Calming Lotion. This was a gift given to us. I heard many good things about the California Baby line. As you know from my post...it's pretty much a bath time necessity in our house. 
8. Homedics Sound Spa. This sound spa helps relax even me! It has a rain, waterfall, summer night, heartbeat, ocean, and rainforest option. Jillian seems to enjoy the ocean and heartbeat best. It has a 15, 30 and 60 min timer. We usually turn it on and completely forget about it. Oops!  One day I will remember to use the timer. 
9. Chicco Cortina Keyfit 30. There were several car seats we looked at. This one felt more durable and comfortable to us. I knew I didn't want a pink car seat and this color was perfect. So far this seat does the job!

I will soon be posting about my pregnancy and hospital must haves! Come back soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment